Why is it Important to Manage Leads? Here are some important follow-up facts. For most businesses without lead management, only 27% of leads ever get contacted. 73% of leads never get contacted, its pretty bad because most sales occur on the 5th follow-up.
- Wednesdays and Thursdays are the best days to call if you want to contact somebody (by 49.7% over the worst day.)
- 4pm to 6pm are the best times to call to contact a lead (114% over the worst time, right after lunch.)
- 8-9am and 4-5pm are the best times to call to qualify a lead, or set an appointment with a lead (164% better than 1-2pm, the worst time.)
- The odds of calling to contact a lead decrease by over 10 times in the 1st hour.
- The odds of calling to qualify a lead decrease by over 6 times in the 1st hour.
- After 20 hours every additional dial your salespeople make actually hurts your ability to make contact to qualify a lead.”
- “The odds of contacting a lead if called 5 after lead form submission are 100 times higher versus 30 minutes.
- The odds of qualifying a lead if called in 5 minutes are 21 times higher versus 30 minutes.”
These are the tools you need to have a healthy lead response rate: Real Time Notification Features:
These are all of the important notifications you can set up with ContactUs.com
- Email Notification – Basic and Powerful, the email notification allows you to send emails with the form submission content to as many people as you want right after form submission. For example, someone fills in a consulting firm’s inquiry form; the form sends information to the front desk and to the sales manager. Front desk has been assigned the task of making immediate calls to set up appointments, and sales manager is up to speed on everything, including new appointments. Learn How. ( We have talked about this previously)
- Email Auto-Responder – A great way to give your new lead immediate product information. The email auto responder is a customizable text based email you can send to the person that just filled in the form. It uses the persons email address to deliver the message. You could create 1 form for each product and then set up an email auto-responder that provides information (text) and links (How to create a white paper download ).
- Thank you Message - This is a message that can be displayed in the form right after submission, or as an external page ( After submission, the form would redirect leads to the thank you page URL you specify, if you choose this option). The key value of this message is that it’s immediate and is almost always seen by the user, whereas emails might get trapped in the spam filters. We recommend you use this message to tell yours that a thank you email has been sent to the email address the specified on the form. In the message, ask the user to make sure the auto-responder email is not lost in spam. This is also used as a way to gain subscribers, by promising a download link to some kind of treat. (It could be a coupon code, a download link, a password or a link to create a free account; it could even be a referral link). It’s also good practice to send the link via email, but to use the thank you message to prompt them to make sure your emails to his or her inbox.
- SMS Alerts on the Go (Premium Feature) – Many of our clients work in a career where they don’t sit at a desk checking their email all day, so we’ve made it easy to get SMS alerts about new leads. The feature sends a message telling you a new lead was just delivered to your contact management. Learn How. And see setup video here.
We’ve Built a Better Lead Management System
- Our Integrated Contact Management System makes it possible to search and manage all of your business contacts, so it’s easy to instantly manage everyone submitted via your web forms and your phone calls
- Getting new lead alerts helps you more effectively convert website visitors into new customers. Especially if you call within the first 10 minutes of the lead submission.
- Centralizing data is important, so we’ve made it easy to sync your data with 21 popular email and database applications as well as giving your team access to the platform by adding extra users. (See lesson 1 to learn how to add users).
- Phone tracking is easy to setup, but can help you turn inbound phone calls into data that can help you understand your sales process
Our Data Philosophy Generates Better Leads
- Data about new leads should be available instantly, anywhere you are
- Good data helps people make good decisions
- Data should be flexible so it can be synced to 3rd party tools
- All of your business data should flow into one tool — so whether you got a lead from a contact form, a phone call, or a chat session, it should be easy to search and use that information